Thursday, April 13, 2017

First goal met!

Just a quick post to share that I got on the scale this morning and I whooped it up (and probably woke my husband) because I finally passed the 20 pound mark!  Weight Watchers, Yoga, and now walking, is working for me. Now I'm not obese, just overweight LOL.

Sometimes I feel like I should be losing faster, but overall my dedication to the WW program and my yoga practice has brought me quite a bit of satisfaction. I'm wearing a size smaller, I am enjoying healthy foods, I am more active, and I feel like I'm in control of my health. I'm also still eating foods I love, like ice cream, pizza and french fries! I just make sure it fits into my weekly points.

This morning I decided it was time to make my seasonal switch from hot coffee to iced coffee but then remembered I put milk and sugar in my iced coffee last year, but milk and sugar will cost me Weight Watcher points. I figured a 1/4 cup of 2% milk and a 1/2 teaspoon of sugar equal 2 WW points -- out of my 30 for the day. I had to think long and hard about spending 2 points on milk and sugar! Then after the first few sips I thought "This is too sweet!". I'll have to make some adjustments.

I don't think I will reach my initial goal of a 30 pound loss before my 55th birthday (in about 5 weeks), because I'm averaging about 1.5 pounds a week. And the closer you get to your goal the harder it is to lose. But I feel confident I can lose another 5 pounds before then. A 25 pound loss in less than 5 months is a huge accomplishment! But I'm thinking it might be time to step up my activity -- more intense yoga and more walking -- so maybe, just maybe, I can reach my initial goal.  Wish me luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment